Thursday, February 28, 2013

More Forms

We went into the weekend feeling a little better, now that we have a date for our initial visit and mock transfer at NEDC for May 22nd, as well as knowing that our current agency will complete our home study and transfer it to the new one.

Going forward, to make things less confusing, I will refer to my current adoption agency (the one that will complete our home study) as Old Agency, and the new one that we will transfer to, as New Agency (very original, I know!).  At this point, I am not going to specifically name the agencies, but maybe down the road, I will call them by name.

On Monday, I received a packet of forms and information from the IVF nurse at NEDC. I was instructed to call her, so I did.  I am told to call the clinic again when on the first day of my period in April.  In my packet, among other things were a prescription for Es.trace (estrogen) that I am supposed to start taking before my appointment, patient information sheet, medical history forms, fee schedule, list of hotels, and a map to NEDC.  I have started looking into hotels and flights now.  Our appointment is on a Wednesday.  If we flew in on a Saturday, it would save around $180 EACH compared to if we flew in on a Tuesday.

Yesterday, I received and email for New Agency with our adoption application forms and istructions.  It is pretty similar from what we did at Old Agency.  Actually, a few of the forms were the exact ones I had already filled previously for DHS (Department of Human Services).  I think there were less forms, but maybe because previously, we had applied for international adoption.  I mentioned this to a friend today, and she said, New Agency sends their forms in stages, so maybe I am not getting all the forms.  On the other hand, I may have less forms to fill because we are transferring our home study (when completed) from another agency.  So we will see.  I was assured by the social worker supervisor there that this home study process will be a lot quicker, and they will also try to request as many documents that we have already done from Old Agency.  I will still have to do the Adam Walsh background checks again, that's $70 per person.

On the other hand, the good news is, Old Agency said our home study should be completed in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for completed home study in a few weeks! That's exciting :)

    We really lucked out with our adoption agency... they had worked with NEDC before and work in both states (we were planning a move).

    If you do end up going on Saturday, I recommend Smoky Mountains Park. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the mountain of paperwork will be over soon. I hope you can find good deals on flights and hotel. :)

    ReplyDelete